Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Spicy Quinoa and Sweet Potato Soup


I've got a bad cold and so I'm craving spicy food. When I can't smell much, the heat of chilli seems to cut through the fog a little. Plus spicy food makes my nose run and cleans it out! (Too much information?) Thankfully I made some of this soup a few weeks ago and had several portions in the freezer.

Before freezing (as pictured above) this was a thick, chunky soup. After thawing and reheating, it was more like a warm salad - all the liquid had been soaked up or evaporated. It was delicious both ways.

This recipe was chosen by my friend Chaya as part of our Wednesdays with Donna Hay blogging group. The recipe is from a collection of quinoa recipes (scroll down for the soup). I'm a little out of sequence with the others in the group; today they are posting Nicoise salad. If you want to join us, next week we are making balsamic and tomato roast chicken from Off the Shelf. Visit the others in my blogging group to see if they liked their recipe: Margaret from Tea and Scones, Gaye from Laws of the Kitchen, and Chaya from Bizzy Bakes.

When is the best time for spicy food?

Connect with Simply Cooked on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/SimplyCooked

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails