Here are some of my sweet breakfast ideas:
- this banana nut porridge (pictured above, recipe below) has a whole egg whisked in the near the end of cooking, plus it is grain-free and has no sugar added
- these banana coconut flour pancakes, the recipe for which is given as a formula based on how many ripe bananas you have on hand
- these pumpkin and cranberry muffins, which are made with fresh or frozen cranberries and coconut flour, with pumpkin puree for moisture
- this apple and cinnamon mini cake, which is made in the microwave and takes about five minutes including the preparation
- this mango, banana, and coconut loaf, which introduced me to the idea of sugar-free eating (not grain-free)
Banana Nut Porridge
1 very ripe banana
2 T nut butter
2 T coconut milk, or other liquid of your choice
1/4 c desiccated, unsweetened coconut
1/4 t cinnamon
1/4 t vanilla extract
pumpkin seeds, to garnish
Mash the banana in a small saucepan.
Add the nut butter, coconut milk, coconut, cinnamon, and vanilla and heat over low or medium heat until hot.
Beat the egg in a small bowl.
Remove the pan from the heat and whisk in the egg until combined.
Garnish with pumpkin seeds and serve.
Is there a time of day when you find it hardest to eat healthfully?
Connect with Simply Cooked on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/SimplyCooked