Thursday, May 29, 2008

first fruits


Well, today was an exciting day on which the fruits, er, vegetables, of my labour were tasted. I took the first snips of mixed salad leaves from the box I planted for our lamb burgers tonight. I have used Sonya's lamb burger recipe three times recently since she shared it with me. I was looking for a way to get into lamb, since it is so popular here and I have little experience with it.



Minted Lamb Burgers

0.5 kg lamb mince
1/2 cup crumbled (low fat) feta cheese
sliced green onions
2 tablespoons dried mint
1 teaspoon cumin or other spices (eg. garam malasa)
1 egg

Shape into six or eight burgers. Serve with mixed salad leaves, crumbled feta, and red onion marinated in balsamic vinegar. Yum, yum.

2 comments:

Kevin, Sonya, Claire & Max said...

Sare those are just like my Greek Lamb Burgers only mine also have red onion and feta inside. and on top you marinade onion and feta in balsamic vin. and put it on just before you eat it.

sarah said...

The feta and marinated red onion are there--hiding under the burger. I really love these burgers and I'm so glad Sonn shared the recipe with me!

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and reading. I look forward to your comment and please feel free to ask questions.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails